Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Powwow: Montreal - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Montreal - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ynes Mouche
Ynes Mouche  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:40
English to French
Summer Powwow in Montreal, Canada Jan 3, 2018

Hi all,
I am organizing a Powwow this Summer on June 28 in Montreal, Canada. This will be a coming-together for most translators in the city and the biggest opportunity for each of us to discover the faces behind our profiles and have fuuuuuun.
Venue: Restaurant Aldea Cuisine Portugaise
4403 Boul. St-Laurent
Montréal QC H2W 1Z8 (near Metro Sherbrooke and Mont-Royal)
Time: 6 PM (As many people wanted it to be an after-work event)
I look forward
... See more
Hi all,
I am organizing a Powwow this Summer on June 28 in Montreal, Canada. This will be a coming-together for most translators in the city and the biggest opportunity for each of us to discover the faces behind our profiles and have fuuuuuun.
Venue: Restaurant Aldea Cuisine Portugaise
4403 Boul. St-Laurent
Montréal QC H2W 1Z8 (near Metro Sherbrooke and Mont-Royal)
Time: 6 PM (As many people wanted it to be an after-work event)
I look forward to having you all around.
Enjoy this year,
Ynes Mouche

[Edited at 2018-06-06 16:37 GMT]
Collapse

Joshua Wolfe
Joshua Wolfe  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Is St-Jean Baptiste Weekend the best time for a PowWow? Jan 4, 2018

Hi Ynes,
It's a great idea to have a ProZ Powwow but I wonder if the Fête Nationale long weekend is the best time to schedule it.

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French

Joshua Wolfe wrote:

Hi Ynes,
It's a great idea to have a ProZ Powwow but I wonder if the Fête Nationale long weekend is the best time to schedule it.

Hi Joshua,
I am glad you already showed interest in this Powwow.
You are definitely right, but the Fête Nationale is on Sunday. We can organize our Powwow early enough on Saturday to let people go home and meet their families or friends.
Do not also forget it will mark the beginning of Summer and it will only be a matter of few hours of networking and fun.
Do you think you can give us 1 to 2 hours of your time that day? We will be glad to have you around and learn from you.
However, we can still shift the date to June 30 depending on the availability of the majority.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Ynes

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Summer Powwow in Montreal, Canada Jan 4, 2018

Ynes Mouche wrote:

Hi all,
I am organizing a Powwow this Summer on June 23 in Montreal, Canada. This will be a coming-together for most translators in the city and the biggest opportunity for each of us to discover the faces behind our profiles and have fuuuuuun.
I look forward to having you all around.
Enjoy this year,
Ynes Mouche

Germaine
Germaine  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...

Joshua Wolfe wrote:
Hi Ynes,

Josuah has a point. I would agree with you if the meeting was held on Friday afternoon, but on Saturday? C'est une chance à prendre! Et de même pour le 30.

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Is St-Jean Baptiste Weekend the best time for a PowWow? Jan 11, 2018

Germaine wrote:

Joshua Wolfe wrote:
Hi Ynes,

Josuah has a point. I would agree with you if the meeting was held on Friday afternoon, but on Saturday? C'est une chance à prendre! Et de même pour le 30.

Salut Germaine,

Bonne année et désolée pour ma réponse tardive.
Si vous me donnez un peu de temps je verrai s'il est possible de changer de date avec les membres qui ont déjà confirmé leur présence. Vous avez tous les deux raisons, mais gardons à l'esprit que le but est d'organiser notre Powwow au début de l'été.
Merci pour vos remarques et j'espère que vous serez des nôtres.

Bien à vous,
Ynes

Sylvie Chartier
Sylvie Chartier  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
What about a week prior? Jan 14, 2018

Instead of going one week after as it's Canada Day Weekend, why not look at a week prior?

Whatever you decide, please let me know ASAP as I have a flight to book from the Dominican Republic.

Gracias!

joanna menda
joanna menda  Identity Verified
Canada
French to English
Any time in June Jan 14, 2018

I should be in Montreal in June so I am very flexible with the date. Keep me posted. Thanks

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
What about a week prior? Jan 16, 2018

Sylvie Chartier wrote:

Instead of going one week after as it's Canada Day Weekend, why not look at a week prior?

Whatever you decide, please let me know ASAP as I have a flight to book from the Dominican Republic.

Hi Sylvie,

Welcome on board, actually Summer begins on June 21, so if we organize it one week prior it will no longer be a Summer Powwow.

Cheers,

Gracias!

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
Any time in June Jan 16, 2018

joanna1 wrote:

I should be in Montreal in June so I am very flexible with the date. Keep me posted. Thanks

Great, I will

Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
English to French
Même commentaire concernant la St-Jean Jan 17, 2018

Les longues fins de semaine, ça se passe au chalet!

Je seconde pour soit une autre fin de semaine soit un jour de semaine (je préfère), nous sommes après tout tous travailleurs autonomes, donc pourquoi ne pas se rencontrer un mardi, mercredi, jeudi? Ça fait plus crédible si on met le taxi/stationnement/repas/consommations sur le compte de l'entreprise si c'est la semaine plutôt que la fin de semaine.

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
New date for Summer Powwow in Montreal Jan 19, 2018

Hi dear colleagues,

I hope you all had a wonderful week.
I am writing to let you know that it will be best to change the date of our upcoming Powwow as the previous one was set on June 23 which happens to be a day prior to the Fête Nationale du Québec. One of our colleagues proposed June 22, but I am not available on that day and others a week prior to the 23 or the following week. The idea is to organize the event during Summer and a week before is still Spring, so I propos
... See more
Hi dear colleagues,

I hope you all had a wonderful week.
I am writing to let you know that it will be best to change the date of our upcoming Powwow as the previous one was set on June 23 which happens to be a day prior to the Fête Nationale du Québec. One of our colleagues proposed June 22, but I am not available on that day and others a week prior to the 23 or the following week. The idea is to organize the event during Summer and a week before is still Spring, so I propose Thursday 28 as new date.
Moreover, as the day is fast approaching, I propose we start sharing ideas on the venue and the time. Initially, I was thinking of a Restaurant like le Buffet des Continents in Brossard at 1 P.M.
I look forward to getting more ideas from you.

Thanks,
Ynes
Collapse

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
June 28 Jan 19, 2018

Arianne Farah wrote:

Les longues fins de semaine, ça se passe au chalet!

Je seconde pour soit une autre fin de semaine soit un jour de semaine (je préfère), nous sommes après tout tous travailleurs autonomes, donc pourquoi ne pas se rencontrer un mardi, mercredi, jeudi? Ça fait plus crédible si on met le taxi/stationnement/repas/consommations sur le compte de l'entreprise si c'est la semaine plutôt que la fin de semaine.

Salut Arianne,

J'ai pris en compte tous vos commentaires et je propose comme nouvelle date jeudi le 28 juin 2018.
J'espère que vous serez des nôtres.
Bien à vous,
Ynes

Ynes Mouche
Canada
English to French
The clock is ticking May 6, 2018

Hi all,

I don't know if you are as excited as I am...
The clock is already ticking.
Next week, I will send you details about the event.
I received an email from a new member who wanted to attend the event and she was asking for an invitation letter which I told her I could not send since the event is not worldwide.
Like it is mentionned in my Powwow initial message, it is meant for freelancers in Montreal. However, freelancers can come from all over the world but,
... See more
Hi all,

I don't know if you are as excited as I am...
The clock is already ticking.
Next week, I will send you details about the event.
I received an email from a new member who wanted to attend the event and she was asking for an invitation letter which I told her I could not send since the event is not worldwide.
Like it is mentionned in my Powwow initial message, it is meant for freelancers in Montreal. However, freelancers can come from all over the world but, I cannot deliver any invitation letter. May be in the future it will be worldwide.
I hope you understand.
I look forward to seeing you all.

Thanks,
Ynes
Collapse

Germaine
Germaine  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Where is it? Jun 3, 2018

You were talking about holding the powwow in Brossard. It is a nightmare right now to drive to the South Shore. I would appreciate a location nearby a metro or at least on the Island. Did you receive any comments from other attendees on this matter? What is your final choice?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Montreal - Canada

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »