I have developed a SDL MT plugin. Welcome to try it, and thank you for your feedback.
Thread poster: peter chen (X)
peter chen (X)
peter chen (X)
China
Local time: 07:56
English to Chinese
Apr 18, 2020

I have developed a SDL Trados studio 2019 MT plug-in in my spare time. It is easy to obtain MT translations, which can be used as reference for you to translate and review documents from time to time. Here is the download link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-E7g9ee593FCZMh50jojHJ77EYhzHOB5

Welcome to try it out and give feedback.

... See more
I have developed a SDL Trados studio 2019 MT plug-in in my spare time. It is easy to obtain MT translations, which can be used as reference for you to translate and review documents from time to time. Here is the download link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-E7g9ee593FCZMh50jojHJ77EYhzHOB5

Welcome to try it out and give feedback.

Regards,

peter
Collapse

peter chen (X)
peter chen (X)
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
中国版本试用版链接 (Chinese version trial link) May 6, 2020

以下是中国版本试用版链接,中国用户需要通过VPN才能使用上面的英文版本。
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nfnehMrAWGXksNeIkR25ZcBRfUs1izAJ

Lucas Chacana
Lucas Chacana
Spain
Local time: 01:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hey! May 12, 2020

Hey, thanks for sharing! I actually managed to insert it into Trados 2019, but when a message popped up saying it was a one-month trial version. Do you have the not-trial version? This would be so useful!!! Thanks!

Viesturs Lacis
Viesturs Lacis  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 02:56
English to Latvian
Wait a minute... May 12, 2020

Lucas Chacana wrote:

Hey, thanks for sharing! I actually managed to insert it into Trados 2019, but when a message popped up saying it was a one-month trial version. Do you have the not-trial version? This would be so useful!!! Thanks!

...did you seriously install and muck around with some random software, with zero public feedback, off Google Drive on the suggestion from a since-deleted user?

Bravery, thy name is Lucas.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:56
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Deleted user May 12, 2020

Viesturs Lacis wrote:
Did you seriously install and muck around with some random software, with zero public feedback, off Google Drive on the suggestion from a since-deleted user?

We don't know why the user was deleted. We are not allowed to speculate about that in the forums, so let's not do that. I know of another user who developed unofficial plugins for Trados, whose profile was later deleted, despite their products being free of charge and despite not having advertised them in the forums. So let's not speculate about that.

There is also a forum rule against advertising, but normally, if a user posts a link to paid software that he had developed, no matter how relevant or useful the software is for translators, the post is simply deleted (the user isn't himself deleted).

As for the plugin itself, while it "seems legit" and certainly looks very useful, I'm quite certain that it breaches the DeepL terms of service.

[Edited at 2020-05-12 16:57 GMT]

Viesturs Lacis

Viesturs Lacis
Viesturs Lacis  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 02:56
English to Latvian
No speculation intended May 12, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:
We don't know why the user was deleted. We are not allowed to speculate about that in the forums, so let's not do that. I know of another user who developed unofficial plugins for Trados, whose profile was later deleted, despite their products being free of charge and despite not having advertised them in the forums. So let's not speculate about that.

There is also a forum rule against advertising, but normally, if a user posts a link to paid software that he had developed, no matter how relevant or useful the software is for translators, the post is simply deleted (the user isn't himself deleted).

As for the plugin itself, while it "seems legit" and certainly looks very useful, I'm quite certain that it breaches the DeepL terms of service.

However, on rereading my post, I can see how it could be construed as an implication that these posts might have been the reason why that account was deleted. That was most certainly not what I was going for, instead it was something along the lines of basic due diligence about following unknown links - "you can't even do a background check on their profile and they're not around to answer any questions or provide advice or updates".

Personally, given the absence of (a) an existing and active legitimate user profile behind the post, (b) an independent web presence, (c) third party reviews/engagement and other signs of a verifiable trail of credibility, as well as the glaring lack of information about the supposed software, I wouldn't install it even in a testing environment.

peter chen
peter chen  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
This is my account May 14, 2020

I have two accounts.
That account was removed because as rule 7 states, only one profile is allowed per person

Jorge Payan

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

I have developed a SDL MT plugin. Welcome to try it, and thank you for your feedback.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »