Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you apply higher rates for urgent/weekend work?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:13
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
yes but it depends Mar 19, 2010

I don't necessarily charge for weekends unless it is a very large project. I have an 800 words for tuesday, for example- that wouldn't qualify. Working weekends isn't necessarily a problem for me as I don't have kids, don't have to make a lot of extra arrangements. I accept that my work hours aren't 9-5. But a very large project with a tight deadline that means basically sacrificing everything else, yes, I would charge extra.

I do charge extra for same-day jobs and I do charge extr
... See more
I don't necessarily charge for weekends unless it is a very large project. I have an 800 words for tuesday, for example- that wouldn't qualify. Working weekends isn't necessarily a problem for me as I don't have kids, don't have to make a lot of extra arrangements. I accept that my work hours aren't 9-5. But a very large project with a tight deadline that means basically sacrificing everything else, yes, I would charge extra.

I do charge extra for same-day jobs and I do charge extra for technical. This applies to both translation and editing.
Collapse

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:13
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
It depends on the volume Mar 20, 2010

If it's more than 4,000 words, I add a 15% surcharge.

[Edited at 2010-03-20 04:02 GMT]

Seyedsina Mirarabshahi
Seyedsina Mirarabshahi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:13
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
It still is empty though Oct 26, 2018

Dear Henry Dotterer, is it me or the section is still empty. well its not emty, it has a link directed to this page. are members allowed to make changes there or only Proz staff have access to them?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you apply higher rates for urgent/weekend work?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »