Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:11
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 19, 2018

Hi there,

I have already made an entry on BB, but now I need to post this here as well - I've never experienced something similar to this:

Last year a did a translation for xxx, I delivered, send my invoice (about € 44,-), but then forgot to check if he paid. He didn't. I didn't notice that, only after I issued my invoice for a second translation I did last week )payment was agreed on one week after invoice). One day before the second invoice was due I reminded him of
... See more
Hi there,

I have already made an entry on BB, but now I need to post this here as well - I've never experienced something similar to this:

Last year a did a translation for xxx, I delivered, send my invoice (about € 44,-), but then forgot to check if he paid. He didn't. I didn't notice that, only after I issued my invoice for a second translation I did last week )payment was agreed on one week after invoice). One day before the second invoice was due I reminded him of the invoice from last year. He said he always pays his translators (well, the blue board tells a different story), so I trusted him. of course, no payment. No big deal, I thought and wrote him again. No reaction. Next day I called him, didn't answer the phone. I wrote again and said that I delivered my work in time and that he should also pay in time and that I'd leave a negative feedback if he didn't keep his promise. I got an email:
"Hello don t need to get hysterical i just took a day off!did you leave a bad comment about me? I hope you did not because if you did i will certainly not work with you again. Of course i am coing to pay so just relax e erything will be set up on monday".

Of course, no payment today.
I told him on Friday that I would leave the feedback and also take legal steps (never did this before, but I no longer tolerate such behaviour. I have to meet my deadlines so why should clients be allowed to extend their deadlines as desired?). So today I did.

This is what he wrote me a few minutes ago:
"Ok fuck off crazy bitch, going to leave you a negative post too. Was
onb my way to make your payment but now just forget it"

and

"Please do , I will post all your hysterical emails too

You re just an ass hole, you can post that too. Checkmy profile on translatorcafe I always pay my translators. I am on holidays, can t you understand that bloody german ass hole? Can t you be flexible for once? Fuck off !!!! You can post it in the dauly news if you wan to !!!"

hate to work with bloody german ass holes, guess why the whole world hate germans !!"

Nice, isn't he?

[Edited at 2018-02-19 18:36 GMT]
Collapse

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:11
German to Turkish
+ ...
wow! Feb 19, 2018

sorry that you had to go through that!!

conejo

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 19, 2018

I got informed that my posting will be deleted as it is not allowed to give names here, but this issue will have consequences anyway.

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 19, 2018

and another one (after again boasting he pays all his translators):

"I always do, except crazy one like you, now just go to hell"

gayd (X)
gayd (X)
Sorry to say it Feb 19, 2018

Be clever! What's the point of working for outsourcers like this?
Aren't you able to read a blueboard record?

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
absolutely correct Feb 19, 2018

unfortunately, I didn't check the Blue Board here which I normally do. Yes, my own fault. He won't get away with this, however.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Legal action Feb 19, 2018

Wow that is some obscene outburst by someone who doesn't seem to be too clever (at least not with this issue).

You can also sue him for insulting and threatening you (very "smart" doing it in writing) as well as for unprofessional business conduct.

Yes, your post might get deleted by site staff. Hopefully they will also delete that person's "feedback". Submit a support request to ProZ and see what they have to say about it. Such behavior - and language - is not servi
... See more
Wow that is some obscene outburst by someone who doesn't seem to be too clever (at least not with this issue).

You can also sue him for insulting and threatening you (very "smart" doing it in writing) as well as for unprofessional business conduct.

Yes, your post might get deleted by site staff. Hopefully they will also delete that person's "feedback". Submit a support request to ProZ and see what they have to say about it. Such behavior - and language - is not serving the site's reputation - if such conduct is tolerated.
Collapse

Sarai73

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sometimes, it is better to just move on Feb 19, 2018

The reaction of the outsourcer here is outrageous, and says a lot not only about the professionalism of the company in question, but also about the basic mental soundness of the person who corresponded with you.

But in the end, Inez, we are only talking about 44 euros!

I think that my reaction would have been to leave a negative rating and report of non-payment on the Blue Board, and to take the attitude: If they pay me, they pay me. If not, then not.

No n
... See more
The reaction of the outsourcer here is outrageous, and says a lot not only about the professionalism of the company in question, but also about the basic mental soundness of the person who corresponded with you.

But in the end, Inez, we are only talking about 44 euros!

I think that my reaction would have been to leave a negative rating and report of non-payment on the Blue Board, and to take the attitude: If they pay me, they pay me. If not, then not.

No need to waste your time and energy on this. This company and this guy clearly "have issues."

And, as David rightly points out, you ought to have checked the BB first.

So learn your lesson and move on. You can be glad that only 44 euros were involved.
Collapse

Gareth Callagy

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 19, 2018

it is about € 200,- for both translations. I won't make him a present.

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 19, 2018

I don't have to let his feedback be deleted, it only serves as another proof for his lying. He now claims on TranslatorsCafe that I didn't get the job and only wanted to take revenge. How stupid can somebody be? And he claimed the same with other trasnlators he didn't pay.

Ana Malovrh
Ana Malovrh  Identity Verified
Slovenia
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Good luck Feb 19, 2018

Hi Inez,

I'm sorry to read that too. This really seems to be as low as it can get.

As other colleagues already said, this person seems to have some serious issues,
so be alert on how much you can accomplish with such a person.

I am not sure how much the staff can help, but it does not hurt to ask for advice.

I wish you lots of luck and I am sure you will find a suitable sol
... See more
Hi Inez,

I'm sorry to read that too. This really seems to be as low as it can get.

As other colleagues already said, this person seems to have some serious issues,
so be alert on how much you can accomplish with such a person.

I am not sure how much the staff can help, but it does not hurt to ask for advice.

I wish you lots of luck and I am sure you will find a suitable solution for this.
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Still able to post jobs on ProZ? Feb 19, 2018

Considering their not so flattering BB score (1) and non-payment reports, why haven't they been banned from posting jobs on this platform?

Daryo
Yozlem Gyunay
Sarai73

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 19, 2018

he isn't on Proz anymore, only on TC, probabyl due to his BB score

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
:O Feb 20, 2018

Inez Ulrich wrote:

I don't have to let his feedback be deleted, it only serves as another proof for his lying. He now claims on TranslatorsCafe that I didn't get the job and only wanted to take revenge. How stupid can somebody be? And he claimed the same with other trasnlators he didn't pay.

Welcome in kindergarten.

Tom in London
Daryo

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 20, 2018

My opinion. I can hardly believe I have to deal with sth like that. But that is the point. There are so many outsourcers out there that get away with not paying minor sums only because we tend to avoid the difficulties claiming our money, but in his case it is more than clear that I won't quit.

Sarai73

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Abusive exchange with a translation company

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »