Remove my own tags from online source
Thread poster: Fabio Tursi
Fabio Tursi
Fabio Tursi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:41
English to Italian
Mar 29, 2021

Hello! I'm getting crazy about this, so I really hope you can help.

Let's say I have a project on client's server and I want to add some tags with RexEx Editor.
Let's say that I did not sleep too much and I forgot to add the backslashes to %*a. Now what I get is that every single "a" in the document is a tag.
The fact is that I did not find a way to return the untagged version of the source.
I've even tried deleting the project and emptying the bin. When I check it
... See more
Hello! I'm getting crazy about this, so I really hope you can help.

Let's say I have a project on client's server and I want to add some tags with RexEx Editor.
Let's say that I did not sleep too much and I forgot to add the backslashes to %*a. Now what I get is that every single "a" in the document is a tag.
The fact is that I did not find a way to return the untagged version of the source.
I've even tried deleting the project and emptying the bin. When I check it out again, the infamous tags are back!
Is there a way to fix this? I've tried everything, but I can't believe Memoq doesn't allow me to fix such a common mistake.
Thank you!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:41
English to Russian
History/Report Mar 29, 2021

Did you try to right-click your file and select History/Report? There seems to be no option to untag.

[Edited at 2021-03-29 16:09 GMT]

Fabio Tursi
United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 29, 2021

Hi Stepan,

First of all, thank you for the answer.

Yes, I've tried. It didn't work. Tags are still there...

Fabio Tursi
United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Edit Mar 29, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

Did you try to right-click your file and select History/Report? There seems to be no option to untag.

[Edited at 2021-03-29 16:09 GMT]

Hello again.
I've answered before you edited your post. ^__^

I've tried, but "Restore version" option is greyed out.

It's incredible to me that MemoQ doesn't allow me to delete the tags in source once applied. More so because I guess this is just local or the client would have told me something now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Remove my own tags from online source

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »