Thread poster: Cécile Kellermayr
Cécile Kellermayr
Cécile Kellermayr  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 14:22
English to German
+ ...
Feb 13, 2021

The above problem occurs whenever I try to open the project I have been working on, no matter which MemoQ version I use. I have installed a windows update this morning, so this might be the reason.
When I try to open another project, it works. It's just the current project that suddenly seems to be on strike. I get a blank screen, no project files visible.
My operating system is Windows 10.

Does anyone have an idea how I could resolve this issue? It's rather urgent... See more
The above problem occurs whenever I try to open the project I have been working on, no matter which MemoQ version I use. I have installed a windows update this morning, so this might be the reason.
When I try to open another project, it works. It's just the current project that suddenly seems to be on strike. I get a blank screen, no project files visible.
My operating system is Windows 10.

Does anyone have an idea how I could resolve this issue? It's rather urgent

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Cécile Kellermayr
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It suddenly works again! Feb 13, 2021

I can't find any way to delete this thread, so please disregard it unless the problem occurs again, one never knows

[Bearbeitet am 2021-02-13 11:28 GMT]

Cécile Kellermayr
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem still persists, MemoQ keeps freezing Feb 13, 2021

When opening MemoQ, it freezes for at least 5 minutes, then again when working on the file. Also, my client's server can't be reached. However, it seems as if the problem is caused by the software itself as the problem already occurs upon opening MemoQ (before selecting this specific project).

Here's the error message I get after clicking on the file to work on:

TYPE:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

... See more
When opening MemoQ, it freezes for at least 5 minutes, then again when working on the file. Also, my client's server can't be reached. However, it seems as if the problem is caused by the software itself as the problem already occurs upon opening MemoQ (before selecting this specific project).

Here's the error message I get after clicking on the file to work on:

TYPE:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

Nicht genügend Quoten verfügbar, um diesen Befehl zu verarbeiten

SOURCE:
WindowsBase

CALL STACK:
bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.PostMessage(HandleRef hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

[Bearbeitet am 2021-02-13 13:55 GMT]
Collapse

Anna Jaffe
Anna Jaffe
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
Download the file again? Feb 13, 2021

I occasionally have something similar happen and the problem seems to be that the downloaded file was broken somehow. Deleting the project entirely (incl. emptying memoQ's trash) and redownloading the package seems to help.

Cécile Kellermayr
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New error message Feb 13, 2021

After deinstalling today's updates, I can't even open the project. I get this error message:

TYPE:
System.NullReferenceException

Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

SOURCE:
MemoQ

CALL STACK:
bei MemoQ.MainWindow.uninitialize()
bei MemoQ.MainWindow.mainCore(String[] args)
bei MemoQ.MainWindow.Main(String[] args)

Can anybody help?

[Bearbe
... See more
After deinstalling today's updates, I can't even open the project. I get this error message:

TYPE:
System.NullReferenceException

Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

SOURCE:
MemoQ

CALL STACK:
bei MemoQ.MainWindow.uninitialize()
bei MemoQ.MainWindow.mainCore(String[] args)
bei MemoQ.MainWindow.Main(String[] args)

Can anybody help?

[Bearbeitet am 2021-02-13 15:58 GMT]
Collapse

Cécile Kellermayr
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installing most recent version did the trick Feb 13, 2021

Working happily on my translation again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ crashes when I try to open a file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »