John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:19
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Jan 7, 2019

A client has provided me with a bilingual FR|EN table for reference, in MS Word. I would like to import this into MemoQ LiveDocs as a bilingual reference.

The help files say this is possible, but when I use the Import Document feature it ignores the table and loads all table cells as French. Using the Add Alignment Pairs button seems to require two documents, one French and one English, and then aligning them. This should not be necessary when they are already aligned as a table.... See more
A client has provided me with a bilingual FR|EN table for reference, in MS Word. I would like to import this into MemoQ LiveDocs as a bilingual reference.

The help files say this is possible, but when I use the Import Document feature it ignores the table and loads all table cells as French. Using the Add Alignment Pairs button seems to require two documents, one French and one English, and then aligning them. This should not be necessary when they are already aligned as a table.

What am I missing?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing bilingual Word table into LiveDocs

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »