Thank you for your reply.
It sounds like you are modifying source in memoQ (f2). I would avoid doing that if at all possible. Those are one-time adjustments that don’t help in the future.
Why do you suggest avoiding it? I can translate the doc while modifying it and export also the source by using copy text to target.
Instead, modify the source document and re-import. Then pre- or X-translate. You can use either your TM or livedocs. It might be useful to save the earlier translations as bilingual, and use the bilingual in livedocs depending on the exact scenario.
You might need to adjust segmentation rules and re-import, in which case the above suggestion also applies.
Hope that helps. Good luck!
First I cannot use the pretranslation as there are many cases when I have a term translated differently in various sections of the document, or in various documents. I am having trouble trusting this function as it is as I discovered that TM renders 101% or 100% multiple matches, for a term that has the same translation and the same source document, the only difference between the entries of the matches being the hour or the date of the entry. And the matches do not come from a reimported doc or a doc with a modified source. I am thinking that maybe it is a bug and I think I will report it.
Second, a memoQ staff advised me against using the bilingual option and I agree with him because there are all those problems I mentioned in my first post. Using live docs is really time consuming. I find it useful only for already translated docs that I want to enter in my TM from where you can export as bilingual and reimport in memoq for further processing.