Marianne Eden (X)
Marianne Eden (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 22:01
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Nov 30, 2018

When trying to create a new project, I get this message:

"memoQ cannot create a new project on this server because the servers' version is higher than your clients' version".

What does this mean, and how can I resolve it?

Thank you!

Marianne

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:01
Danish to English
+ ...
Perhaps Nov 30, 2018

I don't know much about the MemoQ server, but it could be that the version of the client software you use (the MemoQ software on your workstation) is too much behind the server software version.

For the freelance version, MemoQ ensures backward compatibility up to one major level, but if you are performing server operations, you may need a newer version on your workstation.

Just a qualified guess.

Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
Local time: 23:01
English to Finnish
Versions must match Dec 20, 2018

Hello Marianne

The version of memoQ server and memoQ client software must match exactly (7.8.x) for project creation to work. It also requires a Project Manager license for the memoQ client software.

However, it's perfectly possible to check out an online project with a different memoQ client software version (as long as the project is been opened as a translator).

Atso

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ server and client version

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »