Research Survey for Psychology Interpreters
Thread poster: Jdguy1996
Jdguy1996
Jdguy1996
United States
Nov 19, 2018

Hey guys! I'm doing a research project for my translation class and I need some volunteers to answer some questions for me about their job. It is fairly specific, so bear with me.

I'm looking for medical interpreters who have worked with clinically depressed patients in a psychology environment. The survey is tailored exclusively for interpreters, so no patient info is needed. My research is looking into the psychological impact on interpreters after providing service to depressed p
... See more
Hey guys! I'm doing a research project for my translation class and I need some volunteers to answer some questions for me about their job. It is fairly specific, so bear with me.

I'm looking for medical interpreters who have worked with clinically depressed patients in a psychology environment. The survey is tailored exclusively for interpreters, so no patient info is needed. My research is looking into the psychological impact on interpreters after providing service to depressed patients and whether or not preventative measures used today can be improved upon to minimize its effects, if any.

Here is the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSceY7txQwvbkjSo0Xxx8EKuP64K-qS5C92BRSAm_DsVzbbOmA/viewform?usp=pp_url

Thank you!
Collapse

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
French to English
A couple of points Nov 19, 2018

Hello,

I've taken a look at your survey and would like to make one or two suggestions. I've compiled surveys for study/research and so have experience of knowing how important feedback is. Questions must be absolutely clear so that you ask the question you mean to ask and so that respondents will be able to reply with accuracy. Further, as this is a matter of language study, then your English has to be clear.

You may like to consider the following:

- In the
... See more
Hello,

I've taken a look at your survey and would like to make one or two suggestions. I've compiled surveys for study/research and so have experience of knowing how important feedback is. Questions must be absolutely clear so that you ask the question you mean to ask and so that respondents will be able to reply with accuracy. Further, as this is a matter of language study, then your English has to be clear.

- In the first question, “in” appears at the start and the end. You do not need both.
- You ask whether I use the first or the third person, but it is not clear what you mean. What circumstances/situation do you have in mind? Do you mean when addressing the patient?
- When you refer to “measures against psychological impact”, do you mean of the interview on the patient, or of the situation on me as the interpreter?
- When you write “in accordance to the above question”, do you mean “with reference to the above question”?
Collapse

Jdguy1996
Jdguy1996
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 19, 2018

Nikki Scott-Despaigne wrote:

Hello,

- In the first question, “in” appears at the start and the end. You do not need both.
- You ask whether I use the first or the third person, but it is not clear what you mean. What circumstances/situation do you have in mind? Do you mean when addressing the patient?
- When you refer to “measures against psychological impact”, do you mean of the interview on the patient, or of the situation on me as the interpreter?
- When you write “in accordance to the above question”, do you mean “with reference to the above question”?

Thank you for pointing those ambiguities out to me, I appreciate it. I've made some changes that I hope make it clearer as to what information I'm looking for.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research Survey for Psychology Interpreters

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »