Jose_Espin
Jose_Espin
Spain
Local time: 17:39
German to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 28, 2019

Dear colleagues:

Has anyone of you taken the EU accreditation test to become a EU freelance interpreter? I'll be sitting the exam in barely a month (DE, EN and IT into ES) and would like to have some more insights or advice you could give me. I know the basics already (how long every test takes, what they expect, etc.) but I would also like to hear about what they expect from us applicants: I have heard that you can fail even if your interpreting was correct, just not good enough or
... See more
Dear colleagues:

Has anyone of you taken the EU accreditation test to become a EU freelance interpreter? I'll be sitting the exam in barely a month (DE, EN and IT into ES) and would like to have some more insights or advice you could give me. I know the basics already (how long every test takes, what they expect, etc.) but I would also like to hear about what they expect from us applicants: I have heard that you can fail even if your interpreting was correct, just not good enough or because you stick too much to the original speech.

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Nathalie Bullen

Inter-Tra
Inter-Tra  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Previous Thread Mar 29, 2019

This might be helpful to start with.

https://www.proz.com/forum/interpreting/102583-european_union_exam_for_interpreters.html

Best Regards,
FB

Jose_Espin

Joanna Spychala
Joanna Spychala
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Interpreting.info Apr 1, 2019

Try looking for some more advice and information on interpreting.info.

I passed the test 6+ years ago (EN and DE into PL). I think they pay quite a lot of attention to your technique (e.g. how you deal with various challenges, how good your delivery is) and to the quality of your A language.

Aymeric de Poyen
Aymeric de Poyen
France
Arabic to French
+ ...
Hard to say Oct 21, 2019

I think unless you can ask the question to the examinors themselves, it's going to be very difficult to get reliable answers to your questions.
I took the test in February this year and before that I heard lots of contradicting theories about the criteria used by the jury. I passed the test but I have no idea why I did while the other person who took it with me failed.
I think the best advice to give you is to do your best and let the jury do their work, and trust you will be jugded
... See more
I think unless you can ask the question to the examinors themselves, it's going to be very difficult to get reliable answers to your questions.
I took the test in February this year and before that I heard lots of contradicting theories about the criteria used by the jury. I passed the test but I have no idea why I did while the other person who took it with me failed.
I think the best advice to give you is to do your best and let the jury do their work, and trust you will be jugded fairly
Collapse

Ljiljana Grubač

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EU Accreditation test

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »