A. & S. Witte
A. & S. Witte
Germany
Local time: 00:18
German to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2021

Hi,

Our new Lenovo D22-20 (old one broke after 12 years), 21.5 inches, 1920*1080 resolution, it just does not ... the screen representation is far too bright. A) Contrast is set to 91/100. B) Brightness is set to 12/100. A = nearly full contrast. B = next to no brightness.

This secondary screen is connected as follows: Screen - HDMI-out connector on screen - HDMI 2.0 highspeed cable with Ethernet - semi-branded HDMI to DVI adapter from Amazon (probably from Taiwan or so
... See more
Hi,

Our new Lenovo D22-20 (old one broke after 12 years), 21.5 inches, 1920*1080 resolution, it just does not ... the screen representation is far too bright. A) Contrast is set to 91/100. B) Brightness is set to 12/100. A = nearly full contrast. B = next to no brightness.

This secondary screen is connected as follows: Screen - HDMI-out connector on screen - HDMI 2.0 highspeed cable with Ethernet - semi-branded HDMI to DVI adapter from Amazon (probably from Taiwan or something, 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon, comes with gold contacts) - DVI plug end of adapter (DVI-out connector) plugs into DVI-in connector on graphics card. There are no signs of a broken device whatsoever, neither in the case of the HDMI cable nor the adapter or the Lenovo.

I can hardly discern emails even though it is an excellent resolution and the secondary screen is quite sizable at 21.5 inches. Ich kann Emails kaum drauf erkennen, so hell ist das Teil.

What to do? Was tun?

Cheers, Gruß,

Seb.

[Edited at 2021-03-24 21:11 GMT]
Collapse

A. & S. Witte
A. & S. Witte
Germany
Local time: 00:18
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Appears to have been the Nvidia display settings Mar 24, 2021

Appears to have been the Nvidia display settings. Anscheinend hat es das gebracht, Rechtsklick auf den Nvidia-Treiber im System-Tray, dann in die Nvidia-Systemsteuerung, dann Desktop-Farbeinstellungen für den Zweitmonitor anpassen (Regler Hell./Kontr.) unter Anzeige - Lenovo D22-20.

However, I will not go with the cheapest branded device anymore, next time I need some new device for the business. This Lenovo is clearly at the lowest acceptable performance level in terms of business
... See more
Appears to have been the Nvidia display settings. Anscheinend hat es das gebracht, Rechtsklick auf den Nvidia-Treiber im System-Tray, dann in die Nvidia-Systemsteuerung, dann Desktop-Farbeinstellungen für den Zweitmonitor anpassen (Regler Hell./Kontr.) unter Anzeige - Lenovo D22-20.

However, I will not go with the cheapest branded device anymore, next time I need some new device for the business. This Lenovo is clearly at the lowest acceptable performance level in terms of business use as regards the contrast.

Gruß,

[Edited at 2021-03-24 15:26 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:18
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
109 euro Mar 25, 2021

I paid three times more for my HP monitor, 29 inch. You get what you pay for.

B&B FinTrans

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: spammer
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: spammer

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Lenovo D22-20, screen representation is far too bright

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »