ProZ job ads being sent to me "Promotions" folder
Thread poster: Matthias Hirsh
Matthias Hirsh
Matthias Hirsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:36
Japanese to English
Jan 15, 2019

I've noticed in the past few weeks that around 75% of relevant job ads from ProZ have suddenly been redirected to my Promotions folder in my business Gmail account. How do I get them to go to my primary inbox?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:36
Danish to English
+ ...
Just remove the Promotions category in Settings Jan 15, 2019

That's why I don't let technology make such decisions on my behalf. It inevitably ends up getting them wrong.

If you still want your different categories, you can use the filter settings to define what goes where.

Capture

[Edited at 2019-01-15 19:43 GMT]

Manuel Bas y Mansilla
Manuel Bas y Mansilla  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Spanish
Contact Jan 20, 2019

You can add ProZ to your contacts, that ought to work. Personally, I do want to keep the promotions tab, otherwise my main tab gets filled with non-important stuff.
In my case, Gmail had been filtering some ProZ offers, particularly a Chinese, 1 million word offer that keeps coming back (doesn't look legit, but who knows?).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ job ads being sent to me "Promotions" folder

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »