Страниц в теме:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90] >
Corona quarantine diary
Автор темы: Mervyn Henderson

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Член ProZ.com c 2014
датский => английский
+ ...
Governments Jan 28

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

expressisverbis wrote:

News flash...
I have learned that China is conducting anal tests for a faster and more accurate detection of the virus.

Governments often introduce unpopular measures by the back door. Nothing new there. 😁

And some governments like to butt into people's private matters more than others.

expressisverbis
Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F.Persio
Chris S
Mervyn Henderson

Член ProZ.com c 2014
датский => английский
+ ...
Oversight Jan 28

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

expressisverbis wrote:

News flash...
I have learned that China is conducting anal tests for a faster and more accurate detection of the virus.

Governments often introduce unpopular measures by the back door. Nothing new there. 😁

And some governments like to butt into people's private matters more than others.

I could imagine that a rear admiral would be appointed for oversight of such a programme – or, in this case, perhaps rather undersight – to gain a deep insight before the patient is out of sight.

Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F.Persio
Chris S
expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson

Chris S  Identity Verified
Великобритания
шведский => английский
+ ...
Let’s hear some noise, ladeez and gentlemen Jan 28

The Punmaster-General is in da house!!

And Thomas clearly didn’t come through the front door.

Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis
Zibow Retailleau
Mervyn Henderson
P.L.F.Persio

Alexandra Scott  Identity Verified
Канада
Local time: 16:12
Член ProZ.com c 2006
итальянский => английский
+ ...
Ryan Gosling? Jan 28

Hands up those who would prefer Mervyn to refer to Clive Owens instead of Ryan Gosling when engaging in fantasy.

Zibow Retailleau
expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson
Chris S
P.L.F.Persio

Zibow Retailleau  Identity Verified
Маврикий
Local time: 00:12
английский => китайский
+ ...
Ah, Clive Owens. Now we're talking! Jan 28

How I wish to visit Sin City with him ...

expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson
Chris S
P.L.F.Persio

expressisverbis
Португалия
Local time: 21:12
Член ProZ.com c 2015
английский => португальский
+ ...
No one beats him Jan 28

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I still prefer Alain Delon.

... in cinema, of course.

[Edited at 2021-01-28 14:52 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-01-28 15:07 GMT]

Zibow Retailleau
Mervyn Henderson
Thomas T. Frost
Chris S
P.L.F.Persio

Chris S  Identity Verified
Великобритания
шведский => английский
+ ...
Clive Owen Jan 28

Clive was just on the phone, and he said if you can't spell him right, you can't have him!

(We then had a natter about the coincidence of me having married an Owens and fathered an Owen... and how good his TV series Chancer was at the time, and how dated it felt when I watched it again a few years ago.)

He also said you can have Clive James instead if you want.

Zibow Retailleau
expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio

Канада
Член ProZ.com c 2006
+ ...
Apologies Jan 28

At least I didn't include the incorrect spelling in the reply title.

expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
Zibow Retailleau

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Испания
Local time: 22:12
испанский => английский
+ ...
Автор темы
OK, by popular demand, let's try again ... Jan 28

This just in...

Health authorities in Mauritius announced this morning they intend to follow suit behind China, implementing the very same scheme as of tomorrow. Testing will be mandatory for all residents on the island.

It was rumoured that Clive Owen and Keira Knightley had offered to travel to Mauritius to carry out the tests on women and men respectively as a gesture to sweeten the pill somewhat, along with Ryan Gosling and Alain Delon Jr as anal backup, and also Al
... See more
This just in...

Health authorities in Mauritius announced this morning they intend to follow suit behind China, implementing the very same scheme as of tomorrow. Testing will be mandatory for all residents on the island.

It was rumoured that Clive Owen and Keira Knightley had offered to travel to Mauritius to carry out the tests on women and men respectively as a gesture to sweeten the pill somewhat, along with Ryan Gosling and Alain Delon Jr as anal backup, and also Alain Delon Sr and the Osmond Brothers ready to bring up the rear in the event of an emergency. On learning that she, on the other hand, had no replacements at all, Ms Knightley withdrew at the last minute from what she described as "a bum deal".

But all of this, too, was merely fake news.
Collapse

P.L.F.Persio
Zibow Retailleau
expressisverbis
Chris S
Thomas T. Frost

Канада
Член ProZ.com c 2006
+ ...
Always so obliging Jan 28

Many thanks, Mervyn.

I see you sweetened the deal by throwing in the Osmond Brothers. Those teeth are too shiny for me, but to each their own...

expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
Mervyn Henderson
Chris S
Thomas T. Frost
Zibow Retailleau

expressisverbis
Португалия
Local time: 21:12
Член ProZ.com c 2015
английский => португальский
+ ...
A better substitute Jan 28

There's always the handsome Pierce Brosnan available!

P.L.F.Persio
Mervyn Henderson
Zibow Retailleau
Chris S
Thomas T. Frost

Zibow Retailleau  Identity Verified
Маврикий
Local time: 00:12
английский => китайский
+ ...
That 's' actually ... Jan 28

... means there is more than one amusement. Please let Clive know.

[Edited at 2021-01-28 15:47 GMT]

P.L.F.Persio
Mervyn Henderson
expressisverbis
Chris S

P.L.F.Persio  Identity Verified
Нидерланды
Член ProZ.com c 2010
английский => итальянский
+ ...
No shit, Sherlock Jan 28

I'm a Cumberbitch, or a Cumberbabe, so my choice would be Benedict Cumberbatch.

But I'm still partial to a bit of Clint Eastwood, even if he's ancient now, and a Republican to boot. Well, nobody's perfect.

Zibow Retailleau
Mervyn Henderson
Chris S
expressisverbis

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Испания
испанский => английский
+ ...
Автор темы
Last time ... Jan 28

This just in...

It was rumoured that several indisputably gorgeous high-profile Hollywood actors and actresses, who could not be named for various reasons, not least the fact that I don't want to have to go through this rigmarole yet again, had offered to travel to Mau
... See more
This just in...

It was rumoured that several indisputably gorgeous high-profile Hollywood actors and actresses, who could not be named for various reasons, not least the fact that I don't want to have to go through this rigmarole yet again, had offered to travel to Mauritius to carry out the tests, but this proved to be merely fake news.
Collapse

Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F.Persio
Chris S
expressisverbis
Thomas T. Frost

Член ProZ.com c 2014
датский => английский
+ ...
Rear tests Jan 28

Did anyone anal-yse this new procedure in advance, or will it only be ass-essed in hind-sight, or should we say in the rear-view mirror?

Ils auront besoin de beaucoup de pro-fesse-ionnels.

Mervyn Henderson
Zibow Retailleau
Chris S
expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corona quarantine diary

Advanced search

Trados Studio 2021 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Trados Studio 2021 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2021 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »