Ulla Fraser
Ulla Fraser
Latvia
Local time: 20:39
Estonian to Latvian
+ ...
Jul 21, 2014

Hello, everyone,
could someone please help with this issue - I exported the file for external review and I can`t import it back. It just says Multiple paragraphs detected in segment #128.
Everything seems to be ok with the segment #128, I have tried everything, don't know what to do now...
Would really appreciate if anyone could help with this one. Thanks

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:39
English
Can you send us the files. Jul 21, 2014

Hi Ulla

You would normally get this error if something has changed in SDLXLIFF file since you exported the file for review. As a workaround what you could try is:

1. Export the .SDLXLIFF file out again for review
2. Copy the target column from your original reviewed .docx file
3. Paste the contents into the new .docx file

If you still have issues please send me the files so I can take a look for you.

Thanks
Fasil Aziz
... See more
Hi Ulla

You would normally get this error if something has changed in SDLXLIFF file since you exported the file for review. As a workaround what you could try is:

1. Export the .SDLXLIFF file out again for review
2. Copy the target column from your original reviewed .docx file
3. Paste the contents into the new .docx file

If you still have issues please send me the files so I can take a look for you.

Thanks
Fasil Aziz
SDL
Collapse

Ulla Fraser
Ulla Fraser
Latvia
Local time: 20:39
Estonian to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot, got it fixed! Jul 21, 2014

Thanks, I followed the instructions of accepting all the necessary reviewed places, then exporting the review again and copying the accepted text into the new exported file and now it works! Thanks again!

Same issue Jan 11, 2016

Hi All,

I am experiencing the same issue. However, I'm not sure how to copy the target column from the translated file into the re-exported (for bilingual review) file. When I copy the column and paste it, it adds it as a third column. Any suggestions?

Ed3K
Ed3K
United Kingdom
Problem persists Mar 28, 2017

Hi,

I have followed the advise on here to solve this problem, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I now have a file with 893 segments, and I get this problem for every single segment. The only workaround apart from the suggested one was to manually update the affected segments, but with 893 in total, that is going to take me all day, losing me money. Any suggestions?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2014 error message: Multiple paragraphs detected in segment #128

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »